Sean Murphy (my Facebook “nemesis” and very good friend in person) and I had dinner last night. We agreed on a few things, just to confuse any paparazzi who might be nearby. Sean is center, but right while I am center but left. He has lots of friends who are further right than him and I have a lot of friends who are further left than I am. By the end of the night I felt like we had been in a men’s club having cigars (never mind that neither of us smoke or that my friend Joyce Morin was there). We agreed on a few things and made a list of demands for all candidates running for office, mostly in the form of questions. Here they are:
1) Have you read the Constitution ?
2) Do you believe in it?
3) Do have opinions?
4) At the end of it all, can you get over yourself?
5) Do you care for others more than money or a philosophy?
6) Can you think?
7) Can you be logical?
8) Can you listen to facts?
9) Can and will you be honest?
10) Can and will you be moral?
11) Can and will you be realistic ?